Porter Airlines - Cheap & Reliable
There are more than hundred of Airlines that are operational in Canada and serving passengers with their travel needs. While Air Canada has established itself as a brand name, there are several underdogs what are able to compete with the legend with their exceptionally good service and extremely Cheap Flight Deals. Our today’s article is to highlight some key points of one Airline – what has emerged as a trustworthy brand within a span of 10 years. Any guesses? – yes, we are talking about the Regional Porter Airlines.
Porter Airlines is a Canada based regional airline. It operates regularly scheduled flights between Toronto locations in Canada and the United States. It ‘s an official 4-Star Airline by Skytrax and provides excellent facilities and warm hospitality to its customers.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Thunder Bay, Marie, Windsor, New York, Chicago, Sudbury, Timmins, Boston, Washington, and has seasonal flights to Stephenville, Mt. Tremblant, Charleston, S.C, Myrtle Beach and Burlington.
It all started in 2006 when Porter’s operations were launched with some dispute.Then Robert Deluce (now CEO of Porter Airlines) proposed creating a regional airline to service major cities of Canada basically within the range of Toronto. Porter has expanded its flight functions by adding more destinations later on. Now it is well-known brand what has gained the undisputed trust from the Canadians travellers.
The Airlines currently flies 29 Aircrafts (The Bombardier Dash 8 – Q Series) regularly what have an average lifespan of 8 years and are required with advanced tech features considering the flight security in mind. The homemade carriers with more reliability and security are also one of the reasons for it to be a trustworthy Airline.
What makes the Porter Airlines Best in the Market?
- Shuttle Service – Porter provides a bus shuttle service from the downtown Royal York Hotel to the airport ferry dock and tunnel entrance. The 4 buses mix of bluebird Corporation Ultra LF and New Flyer Industries D40LF are operated by Pacific Western Transportation.
Complimentary Snacks – It provides complimentary snacks and beverages at their lounges at Ottawa International and Newark Airport and in-flight facilities are exceptional too.
Flyer Rewards – It offers VIPorter which is a flyer reward program, in which points can be redeemed for free flights.
- Good Service – The airline offers a convenient service to passengers so that they have direct access to downtown, tourism throughout the city.
- Fare refundability – In addition to standard ticket change and cancellation Porter offers a 24-hour refundability option. After completion of booking full refunds are available for up to 24 hours, however, the refundability available only to flights booked at least 7 days prior to departure.
- Lowest Fare Availability – it offers a variety of booking options. One can book from its official website, or speak to travel agents in its centre. As we know that fare may vary in the market according to demand and class of service. however, the Airline provides the cheapest prices in comparison to other operating airlines in the same niche.
- Flight Notifications – Notification of Delays, Cancellations and Diversions: Porter airlines operate at its scheduled time but sometimes due to external conditions like weather, air traffic control delays or unplanned technical issues can result in last-minute schedule adjustments. If a flight is cancelled, a direct message or phone call is scheduled to explain passengers of the cause and provide an alternative travel option to avoid any inconvenience.
- Baggage Delivery – Porter makes every effort to ensure that passenger’s baggage delivered to them at the right time. It makes sure that passenger’s carry on and checked baggage must be within the standard unit. If in case there is a delay in delivering baggage to the customer then it provides compensation for reasonable expenses. If there is a situation occurs that customer bag is lost then porter repay to the customer for any fee charged to transport a bag.
- Passengers with Disabilities and Other Special Needs – There is a special provision for passenger’s with disabilities like:
- Accommodating passengers with disabilities as required under 14 C.F.R. Part 382.
- Transportation to, from, and between gates, either by wheelchair or electric cart.
- Their staff provides a Boarding assistance.
- Assistance with visual, auditory, cognitive, or mobility impairments while in the airport and on the plane.
It provides a medical requirement to such passengers according to their medical needs.
Customer Complaints – Porter airlines welcome their customer reviews, complaints, suggestions in other words feedback. Customer Complaints should be forwarded in writing to Porter’s Customer Relations Department. Porter will acknowledge receipt of written customer complaints within 30 days of their receipt and will send a substantive response within the suggested timelines by the Canadian Aviation laws.
WIth many competitors around, there are only a few Airlines what actually cares for their travellers. I am delighted to gather all these details about this incredible Airline and brought it to you. Being as consumers, it is our right to know about the products that we are purchasing. While many offer Cheap Airfares all the time, however, they tend to miss on the care factor that being human everyone requires. Porter Airlines is not only known for its cheap airfares but also the extreme care and basic amenities what it offers to its customers and altogether these are the points what makes it stand out in the crowd!
Please share your comments or experiences that might be of help to the fellow users on the way!!